Job ID: 225364
Location: Columbus State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Columbus State University has an opening for a Program Coordinator in the Center for Accommodation and Access. This position provides direct contact/interaction with students to identify barriers to full participation in the curricular and co-curricular environments and reports directly to the Director of the Center for Accommodation and Access.. The Program Coordinator determines appropriate accommodations upon the review of information, coordinates the provision of reasonable accommodations in consultation with the student, faculty, and staff, and maintains appropriate confidentiality in verbal and written communication. Provides basic office coverage as needed.
This position will primarily serve the River Park students, but will maintain presence at both campuses. This position will also require working evenings assisting with all CAA student needs, as the Center for Accommodation and Access works with many non-traditional students who benefit from working with a Program Coordinator during the evenings on Main Campus.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Reviews and interprets clinical documentation in collaboration with the director for physical, medical, psychiatric, learning, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorders; facilitates accommodations; establishes, maintains, and monitors referral procedures; assists in maintaining accurate and confidential records for each student including information related to eligibility and provision of services.
- Maintains appropriate records by documenting communication with and in regard to students.
- Monitors planned actions by periodic follow up; receives, processes, and maintains required documents; analyzes information.
- Provides expertise and technical assistance to students, faculty, and staff on disability related issues.
- Provides academic coaching for students with ADHD, LD, brain injuries, autism, etc., which includes addressing learning styles, study skills, organizational skills, and test-taking skills.
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures pertaining to services to students with disabilities.
- Serves as the Center's expert on assistive technology, which includes research, evaluate, recommend and maintain hardware and software to support accommodations, accessibility and inclusion.
- Develop/maintain working knowledge of current assistive technologies such as Kurzweil, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Inspiration, Texthelp Read and Write, JAWS, Zoomtext, Math Type and Braille; train/refer students for support as appropriate.
- Coordinates the Workforce Recruitment Program, a federal program that places students with disabilities in jobs, summer jobs, and internships with federal agencies.
- Collaborates with the Director of the Center for Accommodation and Access in event planning, awareness/education projects, and promotion of disability related issues.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Any other duties deemed necessary and appropriate by the Director of the Center for Accommodation and Access.
Minimum qualifications include a Master's degree in counseling, education, or higher education, preferably in leadership, student affairs, disability studies, human services, or other related fields; degree pending completion may be accepted. Minimum of one year of professional work experience in student affairs, higher education, and/or disability services; extensive experience working with people with disabilities will also be considered.
The salary range for this position is $27,868 - $31,352 and includes full benefits.
Required Documents to Attach
Required Documents to Submit with Online Application:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
All applications and required documents must be submitted using Columbus State University's online employment site and a complete packet must be submitted for full consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
A successful criminal background check and a valid U.S. driver's license will be required as a condition of employment.
Special Applicant Instructions
For fullest consideration, please submit your application immediately. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. Columbus State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Committed to Diversity in Hiring.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=225364&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency