Student - Computer Help Desk Technician
Student - Computer Help Desk TechnicianPay Rate :
$9.65 per hourJob Category:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYJob Description Summary:
The Computer Help Desk Technician will work approximately 15-20 hours per week. Responsibilities include first and second level desktop support, break/fix, AV, software and hardware installation along with daily operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• First and second level desktop support
• AV support, break/fix, software and hardware installation
• Miscellaneous daily operations duties
• The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
• Knowledge of MS desktop applications, Intel and Apple processors
• Customer service experience
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Must work in a team environment
• A+ CertificationSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
You must be enrolled at the College on a full-time or part-time basis (minimum of 6 credit hours during fall and spring semesters and 3 credit hours during the summer semester); contact hours will not be used to meet the 6 credit hour minimum.
High-school students who are dual enrolled are eligible for student employment. You must also meet the credit hour requirement.
You must be enrolled or continuing your education with a four-year College partner, on the campus of SMC, and be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and at least 1 SMC credit hour during the fall and spring semesters and 3 credit hours and at least 1 SMC credit hour during the summer semester.
All student employees must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to be eligible for student employment.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. The physical activity of this position.
A. Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
B. Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
C. Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
D. Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
E. Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
F. Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
G. Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
H. Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
I. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
J. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
The employee is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.Quicklink: