Staff - Part-Time Spring & Summer Painters
Staff - Part-Time Spring & Summer PaintersPay Rate :
$14.00 per hourJob Category:
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS/MAINTENANCEJob Description Summary:
An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for the job. Must have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. Must be reliable and skillful as well as possess great attention to detail in completing duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Carefully apply paint, varnish, enamel, and other finishes using spray gun, rollers, and brushes, as indicated.
•Prepare surfaces for painting, including but not limited to removing old paint, smoothing surfaces and filling holes, cracks & joints.
•Prepare area for painting, such as moving or covering furniture/fixtures, laying down drop cloths, and taping.
•Regular and preventative maintenance of college painting equipment
•Compliance with college quality standards and goal completion times
•Practice and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with students and fellow employees.
•The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carefully apply paint, varnish, enamel, and other finishes using spray gun, rollers, and brushes, as indicated.
• Prepare surfaces for painting, including but not limited to removing old paint, smoothing surfaces and filling holes, cracks & joints.
• Prepare area for painting, such as moving or covering furniture/fixtures, laying down drop cloths, and taping.
• Regular and preventative maintenance of college painting equipment
• Compliance with college quality standards and goal completion times
• Practice and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with students and fellow employees.
• The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
• Minimum of high school diploma or GED
• Knowledge of painting techniques and methods
• Valid Driver’s License and dependable transportation
• One (1) year related work experienceOther Information:
Approximate start and end date of employment: June 1, 2021 – August 20, 2021Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. The physical activity of this position.
A. Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
B. Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
C. Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
D. Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
E. Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
F. Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
G. Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
H. Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
I. Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
J. Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
K. Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
L. Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
M. Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
N. Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
O. Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
P. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Q. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
R. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
The employee is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.Close Date: