Student - Student Activity Center Attendant (Summer 2021)
Student - Student Activity Center Attendant (Summer 2021)Pay Rate :
$9.65 per hourJob Category:
CAMPUS LIFEJob Description Summary:
The Student Activity Center “SAC” Attendant will be expected to perform a variety of customer service functions, working at either the front desk or in the fitness center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet and monitor the check-in of members.
• Ensure those using the workout facilities have a completed waiver on file.
• Assist members on the workout equipment if needed.
• Abide by and assist in administering the rules and guidelines of the Student Activity Center.
• Maintain and clean all machines, equipment, countertops, mats, etc. during your assigned shift.
• Notify your supervisor on shift of all equipment and mechanical needs.
• File paperwork and recycle or shred when necessary.
• Must wear approved work attire i.e., STAFF shirt and closed toe shoes.
• Administer first aid and/or CPR when legally appropriate.
• Know the locations of the emergency telephone contacts.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the bathrooms and locker rooms.
• Make sure members are wearing the appropriate exercise attire.
• The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
• Excellent customer service
• Effective communication skills
• Basic computer literacy
• Must be CPR certified or have the ability to become certified upon employment
• Must be willing to work as early as 6 AM, or as late as 11 PM throughout the week
You must be enrolled at the College on a full-time or part-time basis (minimum of 6 credit hours during fall and spring semesters and 3 credit hours during the summer semester); contact hours will not be used to meet the 6 credit hour minimum.
High-school students who are dual enrolled are eligible for student employment. You must also meet the credit hour requirement.
You must be enrolled or continuing your education with a four-year College partner, on the campus of SMC, and be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and at least 1 SMC credit hour during the fall and spring semesters and 3 credit hours and at least 1 SMC credit hour during the summer semester.
All student employees must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to be eligible for student employment.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. The physical activity of this position.
A. Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
B. Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
C. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
D. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditionsQuicklink: