Adjunct - Information Technology-Software Programming Instructor
Adjunct - Information Technology-Software Programming InstructorJob Category:
SCHOOL OF BUSINESSJob Description Summary:
Teach an introductory course in programming logic and design. For Fall Semester 2021, this course will be a face-to-face course on Wednesday evenings (6:00 pm to 10:00 pm)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach courses consisting of three to four hours of lecture per week.
• Work comfortably with a diverse student population, including dual-enrolled high school students, traditional college students, and nontraditional college students.
• Utilize a variety of student engagement strategies in the classroom to ensure active student participation.
• Be accessible to students.
• Grade assignments and respond to student inquiries timely.
• Provide timely feedback to students’ questions and concerns.
• Able to use computer technology including presentation software and the course management platform (Moodle).
• Work cooperatively with course-lead and other faculty.
• Become familiar with rules, regulations, administrative practices, guidelines and policies of the College.
• The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in information technology including courses in:
o Programming Logic & Design/ Systems Analysis
o Web Development
o Android-based application development
o Software Engineering
o Database (Access and SQL).
Master’s degree or higher in an information technology field, such as software development or programming languages.
• Previous community college teaching experience.
• The one or more of the following certifications:
o CPA 21-01: C++ Certified Associate Programmer
o MTA 70-483: Programming in C#
o MTA 98-361: Introduction to Programming (Visual Basic)
o MTA 98-368: Mobility Identity and Device Management
o MTA 98-375: Programming using HTML5 & CSS3
o MTA 98-383: Web Development Using HTML & CSS
o MTA 98-388: Introduction to Programming using Java
o Microsoft Access Expert (2019) MO – 500
o MTA 98-364 Database Fundamentals 98-364; Other 70 series SQL certifications
All applicants must demonstrate the ability to promote active and collaborative learning through a variety of teaching methods, as well as relate to students. Excellent organization and communication skills as well as the demonstrated use of instructional technology are required.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. The physical activity of this position.
A. Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
B. Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
C. Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
D. Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
E. Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
F. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
G. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions