Alumni Relations Coordinator
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Job Number: 88978
Stanford University is one of the world's premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Bay Area employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford's future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.
Founded in 1892 by the first graduating class, the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA) has a mission to reach, serve and engage all Stanford alumni and students; to foster a lifelong intellectual and emotional connection between the university and its graduates; and to provide the university with goodwill and support. SAA believes that diversity and excellence go hand-in-hand and so hires individuals with a commitment to working effectively with colleagues and alumni from diverse backgrounds.
As a member of the Alumni Communities department at the Stanford Alumni Association, the successful candidate would work with staff and other university colleagues to support and implement activities, programs, services and communications that reach, serve and engage alumni. Duties to include writing and editing of event marketing materials, event planning and registration set-up, customer service and project management to support Alumni Communities programs and volunteers.
In this role you will:
- Assist with event marketing by editing promotional emails and newsletters.
- Provide excellent customer service to alumni and staff in response to phone, email inquiries and requests for information.
- Coordinate operations and logistical planning of alumni events, including virtual events. May serve as a member of an events team for some events.
- Set up and manage event registration for SAA and volunteer-led events, and manage accounting operations relating to registration, including daily accounting procedures and reports, final monetary summaries and/or account transfers/refunds.
- Create and manage surveys for various Alumni Communities programs and volunteer clubs.
- Provide program and administrative support for department colleagues who may require assistance with trip planning/reimbursements, meeting preparations and responding to alumni requests and other tasks.
- Coordinate department-wide efforts on projects, which may include tracking program participation and department deadlines as well as sending reminders.
- Project manage the collection of club reporting, including systems to track volunteer service.
- Occasional project and volunteer management of other Alumni Communities programs, as needed.
- Manage some department financial transactions, including reimbursements and department Purchasing Card (PCard) processing and reconciliation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and one year of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new systems.
- Detail oriented
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Ability to write, edit and proof marketing communications.
- Well organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Postgrads (internal database) desirable.
Why Stanford is For You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 3491
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 88978
Location: Alumni Association, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency