Director of Operations Communications
Director of Operations Communications
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Director of Operations Communications, Office of the SVP/COO & Office of Strategic Communications - Georgetown University
The Director of Operations Communications - a dual report in the Office of the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and the Office of Strategic Communications - provides leadership and strategic direction for the SVP/COO. The SVP/COO's portfolio includes Emergency Management, Financial Affairs, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Investments, Planning and Facilities, and University Information Services.
The Director of Operations Communications works closely with the Associate Vice President for Operations, who manages the Office of the SVP/COO, and works regularly with colleagues in the departments that report to the SVP/COO and collaborates with communications staff throughout the enterprise and serves as a liaison to the Office of Strategic Communications. As a Member of the Office of Strategic Communications, the Director works closely with the Associate Vice President of Strategic Communications and content creators to fully leverage Communications resources to highlight University initiatives.
The Director of Operations Communications has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Prepares all communications materials for the Office of the SVP/COO, including talking points, PowerPoint presentations and briefings.
- Develops, edits, and executes Daily Newsletter roundup for students, faculty, and staff.
- Develops coordinates and implements communications strategy on all SVP/COO strategic issues management, ably maintaining an effective balance between broad university and SVP/COO objectives and the needs of specific departments.
- Serves as a member of the Office of Strategic Communications and helps Communications colleagues around the University, developing strategy and internal narratives, rollout plans, and acting as a producer on communications priorities.
Planning and Emergency Management
- Identifies communication opportunities for the SVP/COO.
- Plans all forums/events and/or other approaches for promoting unit goals and objectives.
- Oversees the development and implementation of SVP/COO-related communications plans, tools and tactics including multimedia, website and social media strategy and development.
- Plays a role in emergency communications procedures.
- Manages non-academic websites (including Top Tier and COO) and ensures websites are up-to-date.
- Prepares PowerPoint and other materials for SVP/COO presentations.
- Prepares daily internal communications newsletter.
- Serves as a producer for Georgetown's In-House Creative Services Agency, helping to coordinate production of videos (including securing subjects and locations) and billing internal clients.
- Writes high-level narratives of University initiatives and web copy.
- Strategically coordinates and integrates communications - including change management communications and public relations across SVP/COO units to create consistent, effective messaging and integrating and aligning with University branding and communications direction.
- Builds credible relationships with leaders of the operating units to coordinate messaging and timelines for University-wide and/or related University initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of project management, communications, web development, executive writing or consulting experience - preferably within business and/or a fiscal environment
- A willingness and ability to prepare executive communications, including PowerPoint presentations and speeches/talking points
- Experience building out robust communications plans with change management; significant experience leading organizational change/projects in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to articulate vision, opportunities, and key information to executive leaders, the Board, the University community and the public
- Ability to organize/lead projects requiring integration of efforts across colleagues, university entities and external vendors/partners
- Ability to edit communications and web content to ensure accuracy and clarity
- High level of initiative and motivation; excellent oral and written communication skills, strong in PowerPoint, Excel, website maintenance and data manipulation
- Preference for experience in an academic/higher education environment
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Director-of-Operations-Communications--Office-of-the-SVP-COO---Office-of-Strategic-Communications---Georgetown-University_JR09998
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency