Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive institution that offers a broad range of educational programs that prepare students across the lifespan for the intellectual, ethical and spiritual dimensions of contemporary work, civic and family life, seeks a Resident Coordinator for on campus; live-in position for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The Resident Coordinator (RC) is a part-time, 12-month, live-in professional staff member with Student Affairs: Campus Housing. The RC will assist with the residence life program for first year students and assist with department-wide initiatives. The RC must be willing to work a flexible 10 hour per week schedule that will primarily include evenings and weekends. The Resident Coordinator will have rotating on-duty responsibilities and must respond quickly to emergencies. The RC is deemed essential staff and may be required to report to work when the University is closed for emergencies and inclement weather. The Resident Coordinator reports to the Director of Residence Life and works closely with the Resident Director.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in an appropriate area of specialization
- Prior live-in experience as a Resident Assistant or similar role preferred
- Experience working with first year student populations; diverse college women preferred
- Enrolled graduate student pursuing a degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, Social Work, or closely related field preferred
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Create a positive and welcoming environment for all campus residents.
- Maintain a presence in residence halls, on campus, in the Dining Hall and throughout campus by engaging with residents and non-residents at events and as a matter of routine as a live-in campus housing professional.
- Confront and address code of conduct violations within the residence halls.
- Respond to and resolve emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Participate in the year round duty rotation within the Office of Campus Housing (5 duty days a month – 3 week days and 2 week end days).
- Coordinate 2 programs per semester for residents based on Campus Housing Program model.
- Provide administrative support for Student Affairs departments specifically including Campus Housing, Dean of Student Services and for other Student Affairs initiatives.
- Assist with various all staff events including: Commencement, Move in, Move out, Hall opening and closing.
- Assist with various activities during summer months such as graduation, conference services, professional development activities, Admissions open houses, CAS summer registration events, fall training planning, as well as fall orientation and move in planning
- Other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Biweekly Stipend
- Full meal plan (19 meals/week) during the fall and spring semester while school is in session
(Please note that meals will not be provided when dining services is closed for major campus holiday, periods of extreme inclement weather or during the summer months.)
- Furnished room
- Free on campus parking
Please submit you application by clicking th APPLY HERE NOW link. You will need to and complete the online applicaiton as well as submitted your CV.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.