Lafayette College seeks a service- and communication-oriented Instructional Technologist to join its Learning and Research Technologies team. As part of the Division of Information Technology Services, the team looks for ways to leverage technology to support the mission of a private, residential liberal arts college.
This role functions within a dynamic, supportive team environment that permits diverse backgrounds to thrive, including recent graduates, people wanting to make a career change, or even those with non-traditional career tracks, educational paths, or life experiences.
Primary duties and responsibilities are as follows, though not necessarily inclusive:
- Assisting the Lafayette community in the use of technology for working, teaching, and learning
- Leading technology workshops on a variety of applications and platforms
- Exploring the potential of technologies to improve working, teaching, and learning
- Developing and maintaining support documentation
- Serving on a variety of teams that support and maintain College-supported services
Knowledge and Skills
Applicants with at least some of the following are encouraged to apply:
- Ability to provide community members thorough and personal support
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Comfortable creating and leading presentations and workshops
- Knowledge of, and desire to learn more about, the potential of technology in a higher education setting
- Ability to work successfully with people with varying technical backgrounds
- Experience with the following technologies: data collection tools (e.g., Qualtrics), digital video and audio editing and streaming (e.g., Kaltura, Audacity), web content management systems (e.g., WordPress), the Google ecosystem, learning management systems (e.g., Moodle), and presentation software and hardware
- Experience with both Mac and Windows computers
- Teaching and/or training experience is a plus
If this environment sounds like a strong match or even an exciting challenge, we encourage you to apply and to use your cover letter to explain how you might be a good fit for the role.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and names and contact information for three references to http://apply.interfolio.com/85966.
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment, as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable laws and College policies.
Lafayette College is committed to creating a diverse community: one that is inclusive and responsive and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. The College seeks to promote diversity in its many manifestations. These include but are not limited to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and place of origin.