Director of Operations, Track and Field/Cross Country
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-31
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Director of Operations for the Men's and Women’s Track & Field and Cross Country programs. The University, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a selective public institution known for its teaching, research, and public service. UVA sponsors a 27 sport intercollegiate athletics program, which includes approximately 750 student-athletes.
The Director of Operations for Track & Field/Cross Country position exists to provide a high level of operational and logistical support to the Intercollegiate Athletic sport programs of Track & Field and Cross Country and to assist in achieving a nationally recognized program, both on and off the field, in a manner that meets all guidelines set by the University of Virginia, the ACC, and the NCAA.
Responsibilities include: providing exemplary customer service to internal and external constituencies, providing operational and logistical support to the Director of Track & Field and Cross Country, Assistant Coaches, and student-athletes, supporting operational and meet needs, assisting in arranging travel, assisting with on-campus recruiting visits, and performing other duties as assigned that support, or add value to, the goals and objectives of the program.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references with your application at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, requisition number R0023025. The deadline for applications is Thursday, April 8th, 2021. For information about the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at email@example.com.
Please do not forward any applicant materials directly to staff of the Department of Athletics, as only applications received through this system will be considered.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Some experience and working knowledge of collegiate Track & Field and Cross Country required.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to be flexible in terms of work schedule to accommodate the meet-day and events schedule. Ability to prepare basic reports, provide information and perform operational functions. Ability to communicate accurately and in an effective manner - verbal and written. Ability to develop good working relationships with all internal and external constituencies.
- Computer Applications: Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: Experience with Division 1 Track & Field/Cross Country highly preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Some knowledge of NCAA/ACC rules and regulations for the sports of Track & Field and Cross Country.
- Computer Applications: Familiarity with Teamworks, Workday, and/or Chrome River.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.