Baccalaureate Program Coordinator
Department: School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Reports To: Dean of the School of Nursing
Primary Purpose: This position serves as the clinical education coordinator, pre-nursing advisor, and program data analyst, primarily for the baccalaureate nursing program. This position is responsible for assisting with field experience processes and program information management for the School of Nursing and Health Sciences as well as assigned pre-nursing advisement. It is a full-time position, 12-month position that will report to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences and will work closely with academic leadership in the graduate and undergraduate programs in nursing, and in the health sciences division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coordination of clinical site experiences per institutional requirements; such as by collecting health forms, procuring uniforms, and reviewing certified background checks.
- Serves as coordinator and proctor of Assessment Technology Inc. (ATI) assessments.
- Assist faculty in identifying and developing new initiatives to increase student practicum opportunities.
- Assist in developing and maintaining mechanisms to communicate practicum policies and experiences to students, academic advisors, program directors and faculty coordinators.
- Manage and administer student and alumni surveys to monitor program satisfaction, job placement and employer satisfaction across SNHS programs.
- Manage information systems and databases of student information.
- Handle state and national reports for admission and enrollment demographics and unique information.
- Analyze student data as needed and assist in trending data on student performance within the program.
- Utilize knowledge of informational technologies to assist colleagues.
- Assume student advisement for a select number of pre-nursing students.
- And any other duties as assigned.
The Baccalaureate Program Coordinator will possess minimally a baccalaureate degree (master’s preferred) in the health and/or human services area or will have had experience in these areas.
The Baccalaureate Program Coordinator will demonstrate:
- Alignment with the university philosophy, mission and vision.
- Personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinking, as well as the ability to work independently and with faculty and students.
- Ability to anticipate future trends and challenges and plan accordingly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility; with ability to prioritize and respond effectively to multiple demands.
- Ability to gather and manipulate data sets
Effective Date: March 2021
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.