Dental Assistant Supervisor-2
Job Title: Dental Assistant Supervisor-2
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225361
2 year's experience as a certified dental assistant
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with 2 years experience in dental assistingKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to transition between multiple dentist and assist with different type of procedures among different dental disciplines
- Requires immediate and extreme flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing procedures, methods, and personalities Ability to maintain confidentialityDetail and team oriented with strong customer service skillsExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsKnowledge of basic dental lab assisting procedures and practices Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesDetailed knowledge of tooth anatomy to select and place rubber dam Knowledge of 4 handed dental procedures and chair side dental assisting skills Knowledge of dental instruments, infection control protocols, equipment, materials and methodsKnowledge of oral anatomy and bony structure of the face and take diagnostic dental radiographs Ability to work in a high volume; fast paced environment; manage staff activities; motivate staff; and plan for short and long term scheduling
- Supervises clinical dental assisting employees assigned to the respective team. This includes, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, orientation, and training clinical staff. Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and training as needed to ensure employee performance meets established standards. Counsels or disciplines employees as needed. Maintains and accounts for all assigned employees on and off schedules. Assist with other department areas as needed to ensure maximum dental care.
- Coordinate daily assignments of dental assistants to ensure efficient clinical operations and completion of required duties. Ensures all dental assistants are cross trained and can function effectively in the required areas of dentistry in all clinics of the respective team. Provide chair side assistance to providers with exams and procedures including but not limited to restorative, crown, bridge, and surgical procedures. Perform x-rays and provide post-care and home-care instructions to patients after treatment is rendered.
- Facilitate communications among the dental assistants regarding procedures, changes, clarifications, and distribution of pertinent materials. This includes the proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials. Ensure equipment, instruments, and operatories are clean and sterilized according to Infection Control and OSHA compliance. Ensure confidentiality of patient information and compliance with all AU and DCG policies and procedures including HIPPA.
- Required to work ADEX (CRDTS) and mock boards, as well as other board certification exercises throughout the year as needed. This could involve weekend work. Assist in the coordinating efforts for mock board exercises and nominate and assist in monitoring staff that participate in the exercise. Assist with fabricating select items for various pre-clinical courses. Prepare, distribute, and collect supplemental instruments used for boards. Assist all participants on boards with patient care supplies and equipment needs.
- Ensure that dental clinics are set up and stocked with disposable materials and medicaments for daily operation. Ensure that clinics are clean and orderly at all times and adequately manage supply levels by ordering as needed ensuring a constant level of clinical supplies is on hand. Ensure that clinic equipment is maintained appropriately and make minor repairs as needed and when necessary the timely submission of required documentation for repairs. Track repair completion and equipment turn-in.
- Maintain equipment and supplies for labs and clinics. Check equipment to ensure it is working properly. Ensure all broken items are sent to ICR and recorded as such in the computer system. Inventory clinic supply rooms and ensure ordering and inventory of non-stocked supplies, equipment and dental instruments required for assigned clinics.
- Assist other departments as needed, provide dental assisting services to off campus sites where dental education/services is performed by the AU, DCG as needed. This requires the personal transportation to and from sites with mileage reimbursement as prevailing AU rates.
- All other related duties as assigned.