Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224505
Willingness and ability to work with research animals
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/database or willingness to learnResponsibilities A training position designed to carry out advanced independent research to achieve the objectives of the research project, ensuring consistency with established methodological approaches and models, adherence to project timelines and completeness of documentation. Participate in research data collection and analysis; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; conduct studies of related literature; write and publish articles in scientific journals. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines. Perform a variety of experimental studies including animal behavior, cell biology and molecular biology experiments. Experiments may include but not be limited to performing animal surgery, microinjection, behavioral testing, genotyping, western blot, real-time PCR, immunohistochemistry and various microscopy and imaging techniques. Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technical aspects of research activities.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; Instruct others in the operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.