Job Title: Transporter
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225078
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to read campus map and learn locations of campus departments and AU Clinic locations and VAMC clinic locations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must possess and exercise positive interpersonal relationships
- Must be able to patiently react and adjust to patient disorientation and possible aggressive behavior
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/database
- Experience with care of the elderly
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Prior transportation experience
- Basic knowledge of first aid
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Training in proper lifting and transfer of handicapped patients, boxes, and equipment
- Computer and typing skills
- Knowledge of the AU Summerville and Health Sciences campus departments, AU Clinic locations, VAMC clinic locations
- Transports patients who are ambulatory or wheelchair bound to and from the Charlie Norwood VA Hospital (uptown and downtown divisions), Augusta University campus and satellite clinics, and Augusta University Medical Center. Unattended patients are taken directly to appointment areas for registration. Transporter also assumes responsibility for the patient's medical information.
- Coordinates weekly pharmacy unit dose pick-up and delivery of medication between the AU Pharmacy and nursing units of the nursing home. Makes multiple daily scheduled rounds for pick-up and delivery of medication orders and filled prescriptions. Responds to STAT requests for emergency drugs.
- Serves as courier for administrative personnel in the nursing home. Delivers correspondence to departments to include: AUMC Administration, Personnel, and Payroll; VAMC Administration, Office of Decedent Affairs, and Geriatrics and Extended Care; and to other areas both at the Summerville and Health Sciences campuses and off campus as instructed. Secures authorized signatures on documents as needed.
- Performs routine clerical work including processing of daily cancellations and additions to the transportation schedule; preparation of daily motor vehicle log, including computation of mileage and passengers transported; assists with completion of appropriate paperwork when obtaining supplies/equipment from local venders, and assists HIMS department with assignments such as assembling, copying, filing or purging and boxing active and inactive medical records.
- Assists with pick-up and delivery of floor stock on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Maintains acceptable vehicle operation standards by noting problems, keeping vehicles, fueled and monitoring the maintenance inspection log for problems to be directed to Vehicle Services. Assists with scheduling motor pool requirements and patient transportation needs to prevent the required use of outside transportation. Also, assists with answering HIMS department phones, routes calls accordingly and records messages as needed.
- As time permits, assist the Rehabilitation department by picking up or delivery items to the VAMC for repair.
- Assist Office Associate with sorting and delivery of supply shipments throughout the nursing home.
- Utilize Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel to create, maintain, and update the transportation schedule as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.