Job Title: Simulation Technician
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225350
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a technical or healthcare related field and corresponding certification (if offered in the filed of the degree) with one year of direct experience in healthcare simulation.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies quickly and easily. Knowledgeable in simulation and medical terminology, medical supplies, and medical procedures.
- Ability to work independently; work flexible schedule (some evenings/weekends required).
- Ability to exercise sound judgment; make responsible decisions; maintain confidentiality
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a technical or healthcare related field and two years of direct experience with healthcare simulation. Knowledge of patient simulation, technologies, and applications: CAE Healthcare Learning Space, CAE and Laerdal patient simulators, Desire2Leam, EMS Campus, Echo360 or similar products.Responsibilities The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General Responsibilities - Faculty, Staff and other Simulation Facilitators to provide ongoing support for medical simulations or other training sessions. This includes the use or support of simulation computer software, medical equipment, A/V equipment, simulation tools, and mannequins. The incumbent is also responsible for locating and managing medical supplies needed to enhance delivery of simulation activities (IV supplies, pumps, crashcarts, etc.).
- Compliance with Patient/Family-Centered Care - Demonstrates dignity and respect for patient and family for patient and family knowledge, values, beliefs, and cultural background in the planning and delivery of care.Provides information sharing, ensuring patients and families receive timely, complete, and accurate information in order to effectively participate in care and decision-making.Encourages patient and family participation in care and decision-making at the level they choose.Promotes collaboration with patients and families in policy and program development,implementation, and evaluation in health care facility design, professional education, and delivery of care.
- Compliance with Customer Service standards
- Simulation activities: Performs pre/post- simulation activities, provides theatrical support and assist in creating various scenario settings: supports/assists in role-playing applications, prop placement, and moulage set-up to create simulated healthcare setting; Performs a variety of routine and complex technical and clinical simulations, programming software to model simulator's physiologic responses to instructor specifications; operating computer hardware and audio-video recording systems; repairing and maintaining equipment; Maintains supplies inventory and recommends replenishment as needed providing recommendations for budget and purchasing of equipment, supplies, and materials; Schedules simulations and classes in the Simulation Center; Serves as an assistant to director and other staff members; Other duties as assigned