Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225284
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Willingness and ability to work with research animals
Ability to use sound judgement and work independently
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesPreferred Qualifications Addressing scheduling and organizational questions related to keeping the work loads of technicians at the core comparable, resolving technician-related concerns, and prioritizing duties of all SABC staff that are necessary to maintaining an orderly and productive core facility in a very busy environment.Responsibilities Performs a variety of complex duties involved in a clinical study, a basic science or research laboratory in support of research initiatives; develops and evaluates new techniques and procedures; may coordinate and/or supervise activities of support staff.The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the experiments designed by the PI in the laboratory using biochemical, radio-chemical, and histologic assays and using cell imaging by confocol microscopes. Perform breeding, maintenance, glucose, and blood pressure measurement of animals and maintain the database for animals. Schedule all treatment protocols and treat animals.
- Analyze results of experiments using manual or computer techniques; Summarize and evaluate findings; Generate figures for publication.
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols.
- Order supplies and stock lab, photocopying, clean and maintain laboratory and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the PI.