Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224895
Department Marketing Statement The Department of Ophthalmology of Augusta University's Medical College of Georgia is actively seeking applicants to fill a vacant full time Research Associate position. The position will be housed on the Health Sciences Campus of Augusta University (AU) which is located in Augusta, GA. Augusta offers a variety of rich historic, cultural, and culinary experiences with a low cost of living. The Riverwalk, located along the banks of the scenic Savannah River, leads too many of the downtown attractions, including museums, art galleries, and local restaurants. Augusta also encompasses Columbia County which is the 2nd fastest growing county in Georgia. Augusta is also the home of the Masters Golf Tournament which has an ideal climate for year-round outdoor activities. We are just two hours from Atlanta, three hours from the North Georgia Mountains and less than 3 hours to Charleston and the Atlantic beaches.Minimum Requirements Master's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and experience in research, basic science or clinical laboratory particularly clinical trial research
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' research and/or clinical experience; previous supervisory experienceKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced technical skills
- Able to operate lab equipment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Research scientific literature regarding current understanding of experimental paradigms; conduct experiments, analyze results and summarize findings; prepare findings for presentations at national and international meetings, publication and grants
- Coordinate research activities and procedures of staff, graduate and summer students by continuous discussion amongst lab members; participate in project planning and development of research protocols; develop and evaluate new techniques and procedures
- Advise principal investigators, postdoctoral fellows, students and technicians in research techniques and procedures; assist trainees and other technicians with analysis of project data
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations pertaining to use of biohazardous materials, chemicals, anesthetic drugs and experimental animals; oversee use of materials, equipment, etc.
- Order supplies and equipment; maintain and trouble shoot equipment; maintain chemical and equipment inventories; and, perform all other duties as assigned
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.