Associate Professor - Trauma Surgeon Department of Orthopaedic
Augusta University and the Medical College of Georgia's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery are seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Fellowship-Trained Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon to join a busy established practice in Augusta, Georgia.
The ideal candidate will be committed to cultivating an academic surgical practice with involvement in resident teaching and clinical and/or basic science research. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Examine patients and make an initial assessment;
- Communicate with patients or family members about complaints, symptoms, and medical history;
- Conduct diagnostic tests like X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs;
- Diagnose the injury or illness and determine the appropriate medical procedure;
- Discuss the benefits and risks of the procedure with patients and family members;
- Plan the procedure, and order instruments and other supplies;
- Coordinate nurses, assistants, anesthesiologists, specialists, and others required for the surgery;
- Perform operations, in accordance with accepted methods;
- Order antibiotics, special diets, sedatives, and other prescriptions for post-operative treatment;
- Refer patients to specialists and other professionals;
- Create and update patient records;
- Consult with and assist other doctors;
- Participate in research studies involving surgical methods; and
- Take continuing-education classes, keep up-to-date on techniques by reading medical manuals, and attend professional conferences.
- Trauma surgeons must remain calm and focused under pressure
The minimum requirements include a MD or DO from an accredited medical school, completion of an accredited Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Board Certified/Eligible, and completion of a Trauma Surgery Fellowship. Licensed to practice as an MD or DO in the State of Georgia with at least 5 years of experience.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.