Financial Services Intern
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-03-29
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
Intern duties and responsibilities will vary by specific assignment. Internships are only available to recent graduates, with a maximum one-year duration. The purpose of all internships should be to provide the incumbent with a “well rounded” work experience in the assigned area. See the job details section for specific areas of work.
- Assists with the further development and implementation of a student training program that includes a review of accounting concepts, customer service, and Leadership Pattern material.
- Updates existing, and develops new, finance-related tutorials and training materials that help University accountants and administrators with accessing financial data, running reports, and generating transactions.
- Reviews finance and compliance business processes (BP) and forms. Recommends to management any BP’s or forms that could further benefit employees or enhance workflow efficiencies if converted into tutorials or web-based forms.
- Assists with the standardization of department on-boarding and training processes and materials.
- Functions as a web editor for the Financial Services department, providing public information for both employees and clientele.
- Assists with the review and update of internal department policies, as well as finance-related University policies.
- Reports to the Assistant Controller, and attends all department-wide meetings with full-time staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting or as a teaching assistant in accounting.
- Interested in accounting, auditing, or compliance
Air-conditioned office environment with minimal physical effort. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.