Management Systems Coordinator 2
Job no: 495563
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Administration and Business Operations, Education and Training, Information Technology
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position manages maintenance activities within required deadlines and responds to the campus community requests for maintenance while developing strategies and methods for automated system improvements.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and /or support employees.Essential Functions:
- Participates in software and integration testing; reviews, analyzes and documents test results and recommends changes to achieve desired results. Reviews new functionality and communicates and trains other system users.
- Analyze and review application systems modules and documentation to ensure applications are properly developed and implemented into production according with department standards and customer requirements, maintain the development and production environments, run processes, and assist developers in diagnosing production problems.
- Create and design queries of data, collaborate with other team members and users to identify problem areas and be proactive in recommending solutions to problems. Participate in group projects or in one-to-one meetings with client users to design, test, and train in the specific applications and improve their skills in systems analysis.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve issues encountered by users. Documents all changes to processes and functionality and assist in creating necessary training documents to support staff. Stays current on software updates, new functionality or enhancements to be able to make future state recommendations.
- Liaison between vendors (if applicable), business, and technical areas. Act as management systems coordinator, responsible for assisting with project work to meet deadlines associated with any activity or project. Help deliver solutions by providing significant system expertise.
- Work with report end users to determine data requirements, design output format, validate results for both ad hoc and scheduled reports for internal or external use.
- Utilizes project management methodologies to help lead project initiatives for the division. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to help design, configure, test, and implement project/process improvements. Create business case, user design, process flow, project plan, technical specification, and user training documents. Work as a liaison between the Admissions & Graduate College departments and/or other university departments with the Division of Extended Studies.
- Perform regular system maintenance and provide management for all applications used by the Division of Extended Studies. This maintenance includes security, data stewardship, system configuration, hardware maintenance of assorted scanning equipment, system upgrades. This management includes report writing, process improvements and production support.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to adapt to changing workplace technology
- Highly organized, able to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Knowledge of systems analysis and operating system environments
- Ability to develop technical documentation such as job recovery procedures, IT standards or a data dictionary
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of experience, or equivalent progressively responsible professional experience.Preferred Qualifications:
3+ years experience working with database systems.
2+ years experience working with a CRM.
2+ years of experience in higher education.
1+ years experience with SQL and/or data analytics.
1+ years experience providing technical support to end users and developing user documentation.
1+ years experience with project management and business process improvements.
Salary $45,500-$51,500; commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references.
Advertised: March 29, 2021
Applications close: April 11, 2021