Contract Analyst, Senior (Multiple Positions)
Senior VP Health SciencesDepartment Website Link:Location:
University of Arizona Health SciencesAddress:
UAHS-Tucson, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
This position is responsible for negotiating contracts with representatives of industry, federal and local governments, state-sponsored research, non-profit foundations, other universities. This position will support the University of Arizona by negotiating agreements that bring external funding and other forms of support to University research, education, service and outreach activities. This role will be responsible for working with faculty in all areas of health sciences to understand their needs, apply university policy, applicable regulations, and legal principles, and employ negotiating skills to successfully complete contracts. Anticipate and address the needs of contract negotiations while providing exceptional customer service to investigators in a team-based environment. We are committed to identifying and adhering to policy changes in grants and contracts administration while upholding high standards of integrity and fiduciary responsibility.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, processes and negotiates assigned agreements, including clinical trial agreements, confidential disclosure agreements, incoming subawards, and other agreements as required. Routinely work with the Office of General Counsel, Tech Launch Arizona, Risk Management, Export Control, and other university administrative offices. Coordinates and leads negotiations with internal stakeholders, sponsors, and our medical partners. Reviews and independently negotiates terms and compliance requirements for grants, funded agreements, and non-funded agreements.
- Maintains a database to communicate the status of contracts and amendments. Assists with the formulation of guidelines, procedures, and the development of templates and other agreement tools.
- Serve as campus resource for principal investigators, study personnel and other University officials in the agreement review process. Advise, assist and provide training to faculty and other study personnel about policies, procedures, forms, laws and regulations related to university agreements.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments in policy, laws, regulations and best practices regulating university agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, business administration, engineering, science or related field.
- Eight years or more of progressively responsible experience in the negotiation of agreements establishing research and development relationships in business, government, and/or academic environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and significant attention to detail.
• An advanced degree such as a Master of Science in a technical field, a Master of Business Administration, or a Juris Doctor.
• Demonstrated knowledge of university and sponsor agency policies and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, along with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
• Ability to assess specific terms in the context of the entire agreement, making judgments on accepting risk in one area if it can be modulated by terms in another area.
• Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills, along with the ability to work within tight and conflicting deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to think quickly and effectively in verbal negotiations.
• Demonstrated ability to seek and affect successfully creative resolutions to contract issues.
• Standout colleague who supports the team and is able to resolve issues with a positive outcome.
• Self-motivated, takes initiative, and a strong ability to multi-task multiple projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and effectively with investigators, sponsors, and cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a manner that is effective and efficient.
• Experience with UA systems, specifically UAccess Research.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Willingness to adjust schedule to work weekend and evening hours when necessary.
• Remote work accommodations considered for western region.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$52,024 - $92,487Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Grant & Contract AdminJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Christine Gaul | [email protected] | 520-626-1542Open Date:
3/25/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.