Clinical/Research Nurse III - Internal Medicine (Multiple Hires) (College of Medicine- Phoenix)
COM Phx Internal MedicineDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
Banner University Medical Center-Phoenix
1441 N 12th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85006 USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Internal Medicine is expanding our team to welcome an experienced Clinical Research Nurse. This team member will assist in successful execution of federally funded clinical trials as well as department investigator initiated research from protocol concept through clinical study report. This position will provide dedicated nursing support navigating clinical trial patients through study specific procedures in Internal Medicine clinical settings. The Clinical Research Nurse must be knowledgeable in cardiovascular, pulmonary, and liver patient navigation.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimize health and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of Public Health, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s College of Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UA benefits include:
- EPO, PPO, HSA, health plan options
- Delta Dental (PPO) or Cigna Dental Care (HMO)
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability programs
- Paid vacation, sick leave, andholidays
- Educational Assistance - Qualified Tuition Reduction for the employee and qualifiedfamily members to attend University of Arizona, Arizona State University andNorthern Arizona University.
- Participate in protocol development by reviewing potential protocols, informed consent documents, and evaluate their effect on standard clinical research procedures.
- Recruit study participants, schedule appointments, interview and evaluate potential participants to ensure they meet eligibility requirements; instruct participants concerning protocol and obtain consent signature.
- Schedule and/or coordinate the scheduling of required laboratory tests and/or exams.
- Provide direct patient care involving diagnosis and administering medication.
- Coordinate and/or perform physical assessments required by protocol.
- Assess participants for evidence of study related adverse events.
- Evaluate and develop patient educational materials and give patient and/or family members instructions on drug administration and other medical information.
- Train, oversee, and provide current patient information to nurses and other health care personnel in order to assure comprehensive patient care.
- Document medical data in patient record.
- Assist physician and/or principal investigator in writing manuscripts for publication and/or presentation of materials at conferences.
- Adheres to all relevant regulations including ICH and CFR and GCP guidelines, as well as the University of Arizona policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in clinical research team meetings.
- Develop systems needed to capture specific protocol required data.
- Review treatment plans for assigned protocols for accuracy.
- Provide training to other staff members to assure patient safety and adherence to the protocol.
- Perform lab draws and give injections where an RN license is required.
- Plans, coordinates, evaluates and provides nursing care of participants and data for assigned research projects.
- Coordinates and/or performs physical assessments, administers medications and treatments, observes and diagnoses impact, documents medical data in patient record, and plans for and coordinates medical or lab tests.
- Evaluates and develops patient educational materials. Instructs and counsels patients, family members, and clinical staff on research procedures.
- Administers treatment procedures, monitors patients during procedures and records and analyzes data.
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse (RN)in good standing and four (4) years clinical nursing experience; OR
- Bachelor's degree orequivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experiencerequire AND Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is typicallyrequired.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$59,828 to $86,417 Annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
10Career Stream and Level:
Clinical ResearchJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
0Target Hire Date:
4/26/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
For inquiries, please visit: [email protected]Open Date:
3/30/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.