Director of Hospitality Programs
Director of Hospitality Programs
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment. We are seeking an energetic and ambitious individual to join our team as the Director of Hospitality Programs.
MVCC is looking for exceptional colleagues. We seek candidates with an understanding of the college mission and comprehensive community college experience, a focus on student success in a learner-centered environment, and a willingness to use technology to support learning in the academic setting. The Director is responsible for providing planning, leadership, and administration of the Hospitality Program. The position is supervisory in nature and requires ingenuity and commitment to brand building. The Director will participate in admissions and marketing functions, community, advisory, and committee responsibilities, curriculum development and program assessment activities, and management of the daily operations of the hospitality program. The position requires on campus obligations and local travel.
Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning, and as you help students secure the financial resources to pursue their dreams, you will be critical to the College mission and the student experience.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manages daily operations that support and implement the hospitality program objectives;
- Supervises hospitality program employees;
- Sets goals for the program and tracks progress, set-backs, and overall performance;
- Analyzes program data and presents findings to administration;
- Facilitates the development of new curriculum and updates;
- Coordinates student outreach efforts with the admissions office;
- Suggests and helps create marketing initiatives to increase awareness of the hospitality program and brand;
- Helps prepare and maintains hospitality program budgets;
- Coordinates hospitality program and academic schedule;
- Schedules and participates in advisory board activities;
- Teaching load of 6 credit, 8 contact hour load per semester.
Teaches internship/practicum course(s) and develops/maintains relationships with internship sites.
- Builds relationships with industry professionals;
- Collaborates with the Dean of the Rome Campus to promote, attend, engage and build collaboration in the Greater Rome community for the hospitality program and services;
- Additional duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Business & Hospitality.
- A minimum of 5-years restaurant experience at the level of chef or higher in a quality – full service operationA bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or a related fieldComputer competence and experience using MS Office ProgramsServSafe Certification or be certifiable A valid driver’s license at appointment and throughout appointmentA proven track record of leadershipEffective communication skills, both oral and writtenHighly motivated and entrepreneurial
- A Master’s degree Certified by the American Culinary Federation (ACF) or be certifiablePrevious teaching experience at the college level
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 4/16/2021Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action,Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence,equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment inwhich students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities,governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse,multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities anddifferences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparingstudents to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up ofpeople with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds,religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, differentabilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran statusor on the basis of disability.