Accounting Associate - Veterinary Medicine Administration (144081)
College of Veterinary Medicine
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Primary Position Function /Summary
Under administrative direction, this position performs professional level duties regarding data collection and reporting of financial data. This position also performs detailed review of accounts to determine appropriate use of funding and availability of funding for future transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct monthly account review which includes providing financial analysis and reporting on College administration, Pathobiology, and Comparative Biosciences department accounts, advise on appropriate sources of funds and fund availability to various College groups. Request new Banner codes.
2. Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for clinical units, including Medical District Veterinary Clinic, Midwest Equine, and Veterinary Diagnostic Lab.
3. Reconcile College-wide academic state funded salaries as well as administrative non-academic state funded salaries on a monthly basis. Perform labor redistributions within system as needed.
4. Review and approve vouchers in iBuy, TEM, and p-card. Ensure appropriate source of funds is being used.
5. Assist in developing the annual budget – includes providing working and backup documents to units/departments, developing College administration self-supporting budget, assisting with development of the annual state budget.
6. Assist in preparing the annual personnel budget of the College, including updating increase spreadsheets, Salary Planner data entry, and reconciliation of salary funds.
7. Assist with coordination and completion of year-end closing process, including completion of Fact Sheets.
8. Assist with the completion of various professional organization surveys and campus data requests. Review data for accuracy and completeness.
9. Research internal and external systems to determine and collect the appropriate and most accurate data sources. Systems include the Enterprise Data Warehouse, health information systems (Vetstar/VADDS).
10. Assist in the completion of various data requests. Document methodology and data elements used to analyze data. Document procedures for producing output.
11. Develop queries and report mock-ups as requested for inclusion in the iReport system. Contribute to the creative process of the iReport system. Update access to iReport system.
12. Create training materials for users of reports/systems developed in the Finance and Reporting Office.
13. Other Accounting Associate duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Assistant Dean of Budget and Business Operations.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accountancy or a related field AND two years of professional level accounting experience.
- Possession of current registration as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant, or a valid license to practice Public Accounting (LPA).
- Master's degree in Accountancy or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to assist in the statistical analyses, data collection and reporting of finance-related data.
- Ability to apply accounting principles in the interpretation of data elements to determine the appropriate data to be used in calculations or reporting is required.
- Ability to gather facts and apply this knowledge to solve complex problems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and ability to make sound decisions.
- Excellent mathematical and financial skills for payment, salary and budget calculations.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Expertise in Excel and the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, software, and databases as they relate to the budget and reporting needs of the unit.
- Understanding of University policies and procedures.
- Firm sense of responsibility and good attendance.
Normal office setting. Allergies to hay, straw or animal dander may cause discomfort based on the location within the College of Veterinary Medicine.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Accounting Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications must be received by April 19, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you may be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding this vacancy, contact Sara Kennedy at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Veterinary Medicine Category:2-Administrative Title:Accounting Associate - Veterinary Medicine Administration (144081) Open Date:03/29/2021 Close Date:04/19/2021 Organization Name:Vet Medicine Administration