Graphic Design Specialist - Technology Services (143951)
Graphic Design Specialist
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
As a graphic designer at Technology Services, you will work within a creative team responsible for internal and external communications and marketing efforts. You will develop ideas into designs for a wide range of mediums and audiences. We’ll work together to take technical or abstract concepts and turn them into content that is accessible to everyone, whether they are a student, researcher, instructor, staff, or faculty member.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Primary Position Function: Strategize, create, and design educational, informational and promotional print publications, digital assets, advertisements, and other printed material for Technology Services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and creates marketing materials as needed – both printed and electronic media. Responsible for art direction of marketing and campaign materials. Print media includes brochures, calendars, ads, signs, flyers, banners, etc. Electronic media includes digital ads, social media graphics, motion graphics, videos, and website graphics.
- Meets with Technology Services staff on a consistent basis to assess and collaborate on design needs? prepares and gives status updates.
- Helps research, create, and execute strategic marketing campaigns designed to increase brand awareness of Technology Services and to increase use of Technology Services products and services.
- Assists in training and supervising student designers, providing guidance in their education and experiential development as graphic designers.
- Maintains a level of knowledge pertaining to graphic design and marketing in an effort to keep up with most current trends and techniques.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or field related to the position.
- One year of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, communications, brand management, or a related professional area.
- Demonstrated professional experience in graphic design or closely related field.
- Experience creating work in a variety of digital platforms
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Successful candidates will have:
- Understanding of best practices in both digital production and print production.
- Awareness of current trends in design and production should be maintained.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Expertise in a desktop publishing environment.
- Understanding of basic design practices for social media.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a professional team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse students and staff.
- Ability to multitask by handling multiple projects simultaneously and meet concurrent deadlines.
- Strategic marketing planning experience a plus.
- Knowledge of website content management systems desirable.
- Knowledge of video or animation software, such as Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, preferred.
Salary and Appointment Information
This is a full-time Civil Service Marketing Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after April 12, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by April 12, 2021. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application using the “Apply for Position” button below.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials for any degree Bachelor's degree or higher including Master's degree (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable), and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Phil Stanton, Technology Services HR at [email protected] or 217-333-4222. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.College Name or Administrative Unit:Technology Services Category:2-Administrative Title:Graphic Design Specialist - Technology Services (143951) Open Date:03/29/2021 Close Date:04/12/2021 Organization Name:Ofc of the Chief Info Officer