Office Support Associate - University of Illinois Extension - Bourbonnais, IL (144389)
Office Support Associate – University of Illinois Extension
Units 5 & 9 Cluster - Bourbonnais, IL (Kankakee County - Unit 9)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
WE TRANSFORM LIVES.
Everything we do is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence.
Be a part of our story. Through learning partnerships that extend knowledge and change lives, University of Illinois Extension provides educational programs aimed at making life better, healthier, safer, and more profitable for individuals and their communities. Illinois Extension has operated continuously for more than 100 years connecting the citizens of Illinois to their land-grant university by providing educational programming around the state. University of Illinois Extension is based in the College of ACES and works with all colleges and units of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Primary Position Function/Summary:
Office Support Associate works under general supervision of the County Director to organize, coordinate, and perform a variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of general office and university procedures and methods.
A(n) Office Support Associate typically -
- Answer and direct incoming calls and greet visitors in the office.
- Maintain meeting room calendars.
- Arrange internal and external meetings for the unit by scheduling date and time, secure room reservation, arrange food service, and coordination of schedules.
- Maintain filing system for both paper and online files Utilize a wide variety of software to format materials such as reports, agenda, meeting minutes, certificates, and other documents.
- Type materials from rough draft to final form.
- Assist County Director with compliance review records, including civil rights information Assist educators and extension program coordinators as needed.
- This includes preparation of program materials, maintenance of databases, preparation of mailings.
- Create agendas and take minutes for staff meetings.
- Monitor office supplies and place orders for the unit when needed Schedule equipment repair as needed.
- Monitor petty cash for the office and make bank deposits.
- Serve as a proxy and process reimbursements in TEM for the unit P-card and t-card reconciliation responsibilities for the unit office including obtaining information, paperwork and overseeing submission.
- Utilize t-card to secure travel arrangements and food supplies, as requested.
- Report monthly sales tax report for the county.
- Utilize the Banner system and Excel for accounting and verifying expenditures for the unit? prepare monthly fiscal reports for numerous unit accounts.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Comply with Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies/guidelines in all aspects of Extension work.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling one (1) year and six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
- work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
- college or university course work in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Office Support Associate position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $17.24 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an Exam Request form for Office Support Associate – Bourbonnais, IL Extension. Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
In order to be considered as a candidate, you must submit a Civil Service Exam Request form for this position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Unit 09 Category:9-Off-Campus Title:Office Support Associate - University of Illinois Extension - Bourbonnais, IL (144389) Open Date:03/29/2021 Close Date:04/19/2021 Organization Name:Unit 09