Experience Nurse (Part Time) - Cardiac Rehab
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognizedeach year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Experienced Registered Nurse - Cardiac Rehab unit , Durham NC 27705
Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients Board of Nursing. in accordance with guidelines established within the Discipline of Nursing Clinical Ladder Program; participate in educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina
Outpatient Rehab unit for heart patients
Triage patients both on the phone and in person
Work with heart patients recovering from surgery or have chronic heart disease
experience working with cardiac patients - cardiac or cardiac thoracic units, preferred
Work hours per week - 3 days, 7am - 12pm and 2 days 7am - 4pm
this position is eligible for Duke benefits
Job Responsibilities of Clinical Nurse
- Identify care needs for patient populations at the unit level.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Provide direction and guidance in the proper use, care and control of populations. leadership in the development of standards of care, patient/family education and staff education to address the needs of specific
- Participate in educational activities, departmental committees, research projects and other health-related projects as assigned. material resources; appraise quality and effectiveness of material and equipment and communicate to responsible individuals.
- Anticipate potential safety concerns in the environment of care and intervene.
- Guide the professional growth of others at the unit level through precepting, role modeling, coaching and/or mentoring.
- Provide leadership at a unit level for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes for populations of patients and growth of others.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Requires two years of RN experience.
CN II or above
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.