FINANCIAL ANALYST III
Job Title: FINANCIAL ANALYST III
Job Code: 5043
Pay Target: G2
The position of Financial Analyst III, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), is currently vacant in the Duke University Health System (DUHS) Associate Vice President, FP&A office. The position has been assigned job code 5043 (pay band G2) by Rewards and Recognition.
This position will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Assist in the coordination and development of the Health System’s comprehensive annual financial plan as well as other ad hoc financial analyses for senior financial management
- Assist with preparation and compilation of materials for Task Force and Executive team meetings related to the financial planning process.
- Become a knowledge expert in software used for the Financial Planning process
- Provide finance support for DUHS equity transfers to Duke University and School of Medicine (SOM) including quarterly reporting and variance analysis as well as annual budget coordination.
- Perform annual compensation cost analysis for HR Rewards & Recognition and senior leadership.
- Assist with other ad hoc projects as needed
MBA and MHA graduates will be strongly considered.
Four years or more of experience in FP&A, (Financial Planning and Analyst).
Hospital Finance, Accounting, or Financial reporting experience.
Experience auditing under healthcare GAAP (generally accepted accounting) will also be considered.
A CPA License is highly desirable for this position although non-CPA candidates will be considered.
Previous healthcare or Financial Planning experience is desired. Knowledge of Financial Statements (preferably healthcare) and data mining/analysis skills are highly preferred. The ability to perform several projects simultaneously and respond to changing priorities is expected. Proficiency in Excel and Word is required. Prior experience with Oracle/Hyperion, SAP, Axiom, and/or StrataJazz is desirable.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Education: Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field. CPA is desirable.
Experience: Work requires a minimum of six years of experience in financial management, cost accounting, or a field directly related to a specialized area of assignment.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: N/A
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Job Code: 00005043 FINANCIAL ANALYST III
Job Level: G2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.