Support Services Associate
Temporary Staff (SHRA)Job Title:
Support Services AssociateDepartment Name:
Adams School of Dentistry - 430100Vacancy ID:
S017458Position Posting Category:
Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other)Hiring Range:
12.00 to 15.00Full-time/Part-time:
Full-Time TemporaryIf part-time, how many hours per week?:
Monday – Friday 7:30am to 6:30pm (Hours may vary)Proposed Start Date:
04/19/2021Estimated Duration of Appointment:
6 months not to exceed 11 monthsPosting Open Date:
03/24/2021Posting Close Date:
04/19/2021Description of Work:
- Decontaminate, Inspect, wrap, and sterilize dental instruments.
- Consistently work in a high production, high steam humidity sterilization work environment.
- Utilize quality assurance and infection control techniques, processing and inspecting dental instruments.
- Help reduce costs through collaboration with management and utilizing inventory tracking systems to manage inventories of both instruments and consumables.
- Dental Preventive use of Personal Protective Equipment and Infection Control Protocols.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
High school diploma or equivalency.
Dental Assistant II or equivalent Dental Sterilization Training
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA Funded:
NoSpecial Instructions :
Production, Teamwork, and Customer Service (This is a patient care support position and regular attendance is essential).
- Ability to provide customer service to DDS, DH, faculty, staff, and co-workers while serving in the Central Sterilization Unit and other areas of the dental school.
- Ability to use written and oral communication to collaborate effectively with all team members.
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment that fosters inclusion.
- Ability to use (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment while following CDC and OSHA guidelines as well as following the (AAMI) Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation standards and (OSAP) Organization for Safety.
• Ability to consistently produce quality sterile product at a high volume.
•Ability to work in a high production, heat, and humidity work environment.
•Ability to work on-site disinfecting and steam sterilizing while practicing safe equipment operations by following manufacturer guidelines.
•Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
•Ability to lift 35 lbs. and move sterile carts on wheels weighing 200 plus lbs.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with all personnel and organizational levels.
- Bilingual language skills aren’t required but are a plus.