RA II Muthu/Callaci
RESEARCH ASST IIPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
BURN SHOCK TRAUMA INSTITUTELocation Code:
BURN SHOCK TRAUMA INSTITUTE (06320A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
NoDuties and Responsibilities:
Support research projects by performing lab assays and animal care. Carry out experiments as instructed by the Principal Investigator (PI). Assist PI, research staff and students with various lab procedures and projects.Minimum Education and/or Work Experience:
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: Master’s Degree
Specify Degree(s): Biological or physical sciences
Minimum Experience Required: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
Preferred: 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
Ability to communicate verbally
Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
Ability to analyze and interpret data
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this position involve maintaining multiple mouse colonies in the research setting. Applicants must be comfortable with this type of work. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carries out complex experiments and technical procedures as directed by the Principal Investigator (PI) involving surgery on animals, tissue or cell cultures, and making direct experimental measurements.
- Performs mouse husbandry, colony maintenance and genotyping.
- Independently performs experimental techniques and operating specialized equipment require to complete projects. Must be responsible for equipment maintenance and setting up experimental design and lab techniques.
- Assists in writing scientific manuscripts and presenting at meetings.
- Performs in-depth analysis of experimental results.
- Performs literature searches on computer and retrieves literature from the library.
- Assists in modifying specific protocols and methodology.
- Monitors the inventory of essential laboratory supplies and orders all supplies when required. Maintains orderly records of purchases.
- Ensures lab environment complies with safety regulations and may assume partial responsibility for safety in the lab. Maintains a safe and orderly lab environment.
- Implements experiments and performs lab techniques specific to lab and in accordance with direction from individual PI.
- Trains and provides oversight of medical and graduate students, junior lab staff, and other lab users.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Proficient with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applicationsSupervisory Responsibilities:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
Repetitive MotionsWorking Conditions:
Odors, AnimalsOpen Date:
03/29/2021Quick Link for Posting: