Assistant Director, Career Specialist
Job Identification: 67
Locations: , , , ,
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Student Services
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Plan and implement original strategies and tactics for providing students and alumni the career advising, workshops, resources, information, and services to connect with employers and alumni to achieve their career goals. Collect, analyze and report data on career services. Manage student organizations.
- Assess needs of students and alumni, facilitating access to appropriate Kellstadt Career Management Center services and resources. Advise students and alumni on career goals, skill development needs, job search strategies, and other career-related issues, including strategic selection of Kellstadt courses.
- Identify the need for, plan and conduct skill development workshops and networking events on topics of interest and relevance to constituencies.
- Establish relationships with Kellstadt faculty and other key stakeholders in order to streamline the academic and career advising process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two to five years experience in career development, recruitment/staffing, human resources, training and development, or comparable background.
- Adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of career issues/development and academic advising, assessment, marketing, program development and management are essential.
- Knowledge of and interest in Kellstadt Graduate School of Business curricula, employment market, and recruitment practices.
- Experience in working with traditional graduate age students as well as mature adults at various stages of career development.
- Knowledge of and a proven track record of relationship building, managing projects, and events are essential.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Possess a clear understanding of cultural, social, economic and ethnic diversity.
- Master's degree.
- Experience working with hiring managers and/or recruiters.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.