Job Identification: 69
Locations: , , , ,
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assists with the university's month and year-end close process including preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, trial balances, financial statements, and other reports.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as assigned and review reconciliations performed by staff accountants.
- Mentor and train staff accountants and student interns.
- Address and respond to ad-hoc management requests and other items from university personnel regarding financial questions/issues.
- Complete technical accounting research and produces white papers to assist with decision making on unique, complex financial transactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 4+ years experience in Audit, 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with FASB ASC.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and COSO frameworks.
- AICPA audit standards.
- Proficiency with MS Office especially Excel.
- CPA license.
- The Senior Accountant will directly supervise 1-2 staff accountants.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- As a salaried and degreed professional, evening or weekend work may be necessary when deadlines, projects, or audits require completion.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.