Administrative Consultant I, Finance and Administration, 78269
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36152
Division of Finance and AdministrationJob Description The University of Missouri – Kansas City Division of Finance and Administration has an exciting key leadership opportunity for the right candidate. We are looking for a motivated and team focused individual to join our team as an Administrative/Financial Manager. The ability to collaborate and engage with the academic units and departments we serve will play a big role in the success of this individual and the ability of the department to meet the needs of the University. This individual will be responsible for the full array of accounting, financial and budgeting activities for selected academic units and departments on campus. Administrative and Financial Duties
- Monitor all fiscal activity (revenues, expenses and grants) for assigned unit(s). Extensive work with grants.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, fiduciary, fiscal and reporting requirements. Provide financial leadership and expertise to the unit(s) being supported.
- Work with internal auditors as needed.
- Provide leadership and expertise with financial management of grants. Duties may include some supervisory responsibilities.
- Work with leadership to develop and monitor budgets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Participate in the development of strategy, and new business plans (where appropriate) and monitor performance against plan. Participate in the development of long range plans and other financial planning.
- Perform fiscal analysis to assist with cost centers, processes, flow, and decision making by unit leadership. Partner with the unit leadership to support fact based decision making.
- Collaborate and work with units across campus. Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and
- At least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s level is preferred CPA is preferred
- Extensive experience working with grants, budgets and budget development Experience with forecasting, fiscal analysis and long range planning Demonstrated leadership experience
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, collaborate and support more than one area Knowledge of fund accounting (non-profit, GASB) very helpful
$53,600 - $60,000 per year, commensurate with experienceApplication Deadline
April 18, 2021 at 11:59p.Application Instructions
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.Comments
Compensation is bigger than just the salary you earn. It includes how much the university subsidizes your insurance, what kinds of retirement plans are available to you, the number of paid leave days you can earn, and more. Use this calculator to help compare your current compensation with what UM can offer. https://www.umsystem.edu/forms/compensation_calculator
Also, explore the Total Rewards website to learn more about the rewards package we offer to acknowledge our employees as the university's most important resource. https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewardsEqual Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.