Senior Assistant Director of Admission
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Senior Assistant Director of Admission. Reporting to the associate director of admission, the senior assistant director is responsible for the recruitment of students within certain geographic territories, along with assisting in the design, development, implementation, and management of various admission programs, strategies, policies, and practices that meet the goals and objectives of the university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, designs and implements recruitment initiatives to augment the university's marketing efforts to prospective students.
- Collaborates with team members and leadership to ensure operational activities within the office are streamlined and productive.
- Travels to and manages several geographic territories to identify, recruit, admit, and enroll academically qualified first-year and transfer students.
- Develops recruitment strategies within assigned territories to include high school visits, college fairs, area receptions, and yield events.
- Establishes and maintains an active communication flow with high school students and parents, high school, independent and transfer counselors.
- Counsels students through the application process and facilitates questions related to the university's academic, social, cultural, financial, and athletic environments.
- Provides general guidance regarding the university's cost and aid policies.
- Reads, interprets and evaluates students' academic credentials to determine an appropriate admission decision.
- Conducts admission presentations to campus visitors and varying constituent groups in the assigned territory.
- Completes routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with key faculty and staff members across campus.
- Assists with the planning and execution of special programs and projects both virtually and in person.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of admission terminology and standardized testing practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, communication, leadership, organizational and programming skills.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate university programs and offerings to prospective students.
- Skilled at interacting and communicating with varying audiences in small and large settings.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems independently.
- Ability to travel and work a varied, and sometimes extensive, schedule with flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and basic interactions in order to communicate with prospective students.
- Demonstrated ability at planning and organizing multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, the Zoom platform and ability to become familiar with recruitment software programs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize work effectively.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Four or more years of progressive admission and higher education experience required. Consideration will not be given to candidates without direct college admission
- Depending on experience, candidates may instead be considered for the same role at the assistant director or associate director level.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Bilingual preferred.
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.