Business Coordinator III
Business Coordinator III
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
This position is responsible for managing business activities; project management and reviewing and approving business functions; and developing, monitoring, and reporting accounts, budgets, and other quantitative data for University Services.
- Manage, implement, and monitor projects to include project scope, management, timeline and financials, purchase orders and payments.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of contracts for all service units.
- Handle the business functions for contract administration. Serve as lead for processing departmental contracts, copiers, and various other vendor contracts.
- Responsible for preparing a multiyear capital budget for all equipment for the department, including all dining hall facility.
- Perform Divisions departmental budget reviews monthly and enters departmental budget requests (DBRs). Research discrepancies from transactions within departmental accounts and assist in correcting issues. Enter data in financial record keeping systems to provide management reports as needed to monitor revenue/budget status.
- Perform bookkeeping and fiscal record keeping. Prepare any type of income for deposits. Receive checks and prepare deposits according to University/departmental procedures including transporting deposits to Business Office. Handle inquiries about routine billing by University service departments such as Facility Services, Telecommunications, University Services, etc. Serve as the travel coordinator in the office, handling travel paperwork for all full-time staff.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data. Review all billings/invoices for accuracy, including maintenance and repair and utility billing.
- Monitor departmental accounts to include journal entries, DBR and OCR transfers, as needed. Oversee submission of accounts to be created or closed when no longer necessary. Ensure proper account numbers and object codes are being used/assigned. Ensure purchase orders are entered in a timely manner. Process purchase orders, prepare monthly reports, perform data entry, and reconcile accounts. Enter/receive items on purchasing module accurately. Provide detailed specifications when entering items into the module so that the document can serve as a historical report and provide accurate Information on items/services purchased to include a breakdown of quantity, type, size, color, item number, etc. Reviews and approves any payments, deposits fund, audits the departmental cash handling departments and policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain complex administrative and statistical analyses and summary reports on departmental functions and services. Prepare and submit system and university annual reports (Quarterly Compliance, WEAVE Report, etc.)
- Support Associate Director with the coordination of all business-related activities with employees and review and serve as departmental approver travel, training, purchasing and payroll documents.
- Assist the Director and Associate Director in coordination of departmental fiscal year end processes in annual budget requests and preparation of required forms to include projection of fee income and other revenue. Prepare documents for any proposed fee increases.
- Work collaboratively with department management team to provide support and assistance to all projects, programs, and activities.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, or closely related field.
- Four (4) years of related progressive professional experience in office, project management, accounting, or personnel operations.
- Additional education can be a substitution for the minimum years of experience:
- Master's & Two (2) years of experience.
- Doctoral Degree.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.)
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating and interrupting policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to multitask and ability to work in a dynamic environment of rapidly changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience working as a project manager or Business Coordinator III.
- Knowledge of purchasing systems, accounting systems, etc. (Canopy, FAMIS, Concur, etc.).
- Commensurate upon experience.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Business-Coordinator--III_R-036358
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency