Crew Custodian, Floor
Crew Custodian, Floor
Posting Number: S01542
Spray buffs floors, shampoos carpets and upholstery on a continuous schedule and maintains equipment.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional information.
*Spray-buffs the floors on a routine cycle and periodically scrubs, strips, and applies coats of seal/finish to floors. Shampoos floors on a routine cycle.
*Operates and maintains equipment such as steam machines, pressure washers, autoscrubbers, buffers, wet vacs, sweepers and shampooers.
*Prepares daily work order log.
*Assists in major cleanup following parties, events and/or in emergency situations.
*Performs any open job when coverage for department absenteeism warrants.
*Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from team leaders and supervisors.
*Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with
established departmental practices and procedures.
• Helps with special projects and setups.
• Moves large quantities of furniture at certain times of year within buildings and also from building to building.
• Washes windows.
• Interacts appropriately with the customer.
• Supports the College’s Recycling program.
• Identifies damage and missing items from buildings and reports to such to supervisor.
• Responsible for cleaning up any blood spills/accidents using proper procedures.
• Delivers supplies in preparation for summer school.
• Keeps simple records and makes simple reports.
• Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from team liaison and supervisors.
• Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
• Assists with campus snow removal.
• Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from team liaisons and supervisors.
• Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with established departmental practices and procedures.
No formal education or training required; high school education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques, products, and equipment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a College driver’s license, which required having a valid state driver’s license for a minimum of three years and a good driving record.
Custodial experience and floor-buffing experience preferred.
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this position. (Category C screen)
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/23081
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency