Team Liaison, Custodial
Team Liaison, Custodial
Posting Number: S01540
Coordinates the work within the team to clean and maintain buildings under the direction of the Custodial Supervisor while performing core Custodial work tasks.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional information.
• Inspects fire extinguishers and oversees the monthly inspection of fire extinguishers.
• Supports supervisor in ongoing technical and safety training.
• Responsible for equipment and supply requisition.
• Responsible for identifying damage and missing items from assigned areas and reports such to supervisor.
• Facilitates the daily work in coordination with the supervisor and provides status updates.
• Reports all safety hazards and works in conjunction with supervisor to provide a safe work environment.
• Monitors Events Reports to oversee completion of set ups for events.
• Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
• Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with established departmental practices and procedures.
• Acts as a liaison between building occupants and supervisor.
• Maintains established schedules and standards.
• Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and kitchens; restocks supplies.
• Vacuums, dust mops and wet mops floors, and spot-washes walls. Dusts or vacuums furniture.
• Arranges classroom furniture, cleans chalkboards & whiteboards, restocks chalk,
markers and erasers.
• Cleans entrances and elevators. Sweeps outside steps and polices the outside perimeter of the building.
• Collects and removes all trash.
• Arranges furniture in social spaces/lounges.
• Prepares daily work order log.
• Interacts appropriately with the customer.
• Identifies damage and missing items from assigned areas and reports such to their supervisor.
• Supports the College’s Recycling program.
• Operates and maintains equipment such as auto scrubbers, sweepers and shampooers.
• Washes windows.
• Responsible for cleaning up any blood spills/accidents using proper procedures.
• May provide input for performance reviews.
• Sets up and removes furniture and equipment for special events.
• Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
High school diploma preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of cleaning techniques, products and equipment. Ability to communicate both written and orally.
• Able to follow written and oral instructions. Able to follow a schedule.
• Able to establish and maintain working relations with supervisors, fellow workers, students, faculty and the rest of the College staff.
• May be required to work independently. Must be able to work overtime or on weekends as required.
Custodial and proven organizational experience preferred.
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this position. (Category B screen)
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/23075
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency