COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Posting Number: SRGV4966
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Pediatrics
Scope of Job:
Responsible for providing outreach education services in order to meet DSHS Prevention of Congenital Syphilis program requirements. Serve as a health advocate and provide basic information regarding clinic and community services to promote clinic services and encourage visits.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates and participates in community events such as health fairs and community forums, as a representative of the program.
• Participates in, coordinates, and/or attends to specific health issues/appointments with assigned community residents while abiding by all HIPAA standards.
• Conducts community presentations and other needed outreach activities in order to reach out to target populations.
• Builds networks by reaching out through community events, community-based agencies and any other community event to motivate, educate, promote and encourage the participation of the community.
• Participates in mandatory trainings and conferences related to the program to keep current with applicable changes and knowledge of awareness and preventive measures in the specific areas of health that are being advocated.
• Assesses the outreach activities implemented in order to properly determine the needs of the community.
• Tracks community events and or services provided that he/she participates in and data related to classes and workshops.
• Assists Health Educator/project coordinator by obtaining resources and/or recording data in order to meet the goals and objectives established.
• Maintains inventory of health education/outreach materials necessary to conduct outreach efforts.
• May assist with the development of materials and other resources needed to conduct outreach efforts.
• May participate in IRB approved research projects.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
• High School Diploma/GED • Bilingual(English/Spanish).
• Current Certification as Promotora/Community Health Worker by the State of Texas, or complete certification within six months of hire. • Texas Driver’s License or ability to obtain within six weeks of hire.
Some experience related the duties stated above.
Use of standard office equipment and other electronic devices.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; frequent travel in the Rio Grande Valley will be required with some occasional overnight travel outside the area.
Good organizational skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills are recommended. Ability to work with diverse groups of people and build relationships within communities. Strong interpersonal skills to make community connections and build relationships with the target patient/client/community base. Ability to successfully operate electronic medical records with instruction.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/19/2021
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 12/31/2021
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27843
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency