Senior Technical Analyst
Princeton University Facilities Department is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Technical Analyst for Life Safety & Security Systems to partner with internal facilities information technology (FIT) team members and facilities personnel to deliver technical solutions that are in alignment with IT and business strategies. This role is accountable for identifying and leading delivery of system improvements and innovation through technical oversight and management of complex video surveillance, access control and other campus life safety and security systems.
This role is part of facilities information technology (FIT), which is a unit of facilities finance and administrative services (FFAS) and provides services to Princeton’s 700+ person Facilities organization. This position requires a high level of responsibility and excellent interpersonal communication skills, working collaboratively with internal Facilities partners and key university departments to protect University assets, faculty, staff, students and visitors.Responsibilities
This position requires providing 24/7 technical support as needed to ensure maximum uptime, while ensuring systems are in compliance with University standards and industry best practices.
- Implement and maintain solutions that improve the university's ability to continually deliver high quality applications to customers.
- Collaboratively provide solutions for technical challenges. Using modern tools and methods, develop, update, modify and improve applications and systems.
- Perform software deployment and upgrade for on premise systems. Manage technical application (including infrastructure, web services/integrations, database and content).
- Maintain virtual or physical servers and applications in production and test environments. Administer all aspects of server including performance monitoring and alerts, server configuration, server certificates, security. Allocate mass storage space as needed to support video camera footage.
- Schedule, plan, and oversee system upgrades. Vet and apply operating system security and application patches, firmware updates, services packs and maintain SSL Certificates as necessary.
- Oversee the services of third-party system vendors, integrators and consultant.
- Troubleshoot software issues and provide support for on premise applications.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies and incidents as needed.
- Manage and integrate external data sources using transformation and loading (ETL) of data from data sources (internal and external), ensuring data integrity using industry best practices.
- Implement and maintain monitoring solutions at server and application level. Develop and report on metrics that measure usage, system reliability and operational efficiency.
- Deliver thorough technical documentation and work-flows. Document processes, procedures and systems. Write unit and functional tests for applications.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of existing and emerging technologies. Evaluate emerging technologies and provide solutions to implement with a focus on ease of use, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Deliver assigned projects covering full life-cycle from design through development and deployment of technical solutions. Working directly with business owners and end users to understand their ongoing needs and help translate them into reliable and efficient applications.
- Manage inter-departmental projects using best practices relating to project. Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, faculty and external partners.
- Develop and report on metrics that measure usage, system reliability and operational efficiency.
- Provide input on policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple security systems, operating environments, and related software.
Position requires a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team, who is looking for opportunities to help solve and improve business problems and introduce new solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical training.
- 5+ years related work experience with 3+ years leading technical oversight of access control, video surveillance and other life safety systems including software, hardware, network storage, archival and recovery.
- Experience in project management and oversight to ensure the highest quality products and services are provided to customers.
- Previous experience working on and leading full lifecycle projects using SDLC, methodologies. Includes direct experience conducting business requirement gathering and design with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience providing technical management and governance of enterprise systems including security, monitoring and performance, stability and routine maintenance.
- Ability to develop, read and interpret, design specifications, sequences of operation, security system architecture drawings or diagrams to understand and analyze the technical complexities of life safety and security systems.
- Experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying applications.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate front-end code with server-side technology.
- Working knowledge of integrations such as web services and 3rd party API’s.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills with high attention to detail, completeness, quality and accuracy of work.
- Hands-on Experience with log monitoring and analysis tools.
- Strong communication and documentation skills. Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, faculty and external partners.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operational procedures.
- Ability to adapt to new programming techniques, languages and tools.
- Experience in working with campus access control systems (CCure 9000, Salto, KeyTrak) or other electronic locking systems.
- Experience in working with real-time video surveillance systems (Acuity-VCT, Verint) and cameras.
- Experience working with life safety systems including fire alarm monitoring and emergency broadcast systems (TrueSite Workstation, Talk-A-Phone).
- Experience working with IT service management support platforms, such as ServiceNow, JIRA and Zendesk
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWStandard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)YesPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredYes Experience LevelMid-Senior Level#LI-SB1