Adjunct Pool for ACCESS/DSPS Non-Credit Professor
Posting Number (Application):
Adjunct Pool for ACCESS/DSPS Non-Credit ProfessorDepartment:
$48.38 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (Adjuncts are placed on salary schedule)Open Date:
03/29/2021Open Until Filled:
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.Application Procedure:
Application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; the position will be posted until 11:59 p.m. (PST) June 30, 2022.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter indicating how duties and responsibilities, required qualifications and preferred qualifications are met.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. A minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents).
5. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
6. Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will be asked to answer some supplemental questions.Health & Welfare:
Not applicableMajor Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide direct instruction and academic support to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (DHH).
2. Teach non-credit academic support courses offered through the Assistive Technology Center to students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Course topics will focus on developing English and writing skills, identifying and using technology that can assist learning, and providing individualized academic interventions based upon the student’s needs in their college courses.
3. Provide individual student appointments to discuss academic needs and goals, to develop academic support plans, and to assess academic progress over time.
4. Provide workshops designed to assist groups of DHH students to improve academic success in specific areas.
5. Collaborate with ACCESS counselors and other college personnel to address student concerns and challenges as needed.Required Qualifications:
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Bachelor’s degree with any of the following majors: Education of students with specific or multiple disabilities; special education; psychology; physical education with an emphasis in adaptive physical education; communicative disorders; rehabilitation; computer-based education; other computer-related majors which include course work on adapted or assistive computer technology for students with disabilities; other majors related to providing specialized instruction or services to persons with disabilities; OR
2. An Associate degree with one of the majors specified above; and four years of full time equivalent experience providing specialized instruction or services to persons in the disability category or categories being served; OR
3. The equivalent (if requesting an equivalency, please answer the supplemental questions); OR
4. California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code § 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential).
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Communicate effectively to students orally and in writing.Equivalencies:
Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will be asked to answer some supplemental questions.Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees – The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: https://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/asr_2018.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to them about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.Special Notes:
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: [email protected]
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.Foreign Transcripts:
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.Inquiries/Contact::
For more details about this position, please contact:
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities and other job-related criteria as listed in the job posting. Interviews may include a writing sample, presentation, teaching demonstration and/or performance test.Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Confidential Letters of Recommendation Portal is NOT available for this position.EEO Policy::
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).Cancel RTF Policy::
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.