Penncom Telecommunicator Dispatcher
Penncom Telecommunicator Dispatcher
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Penncom Telecommunicator Dispatcher
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
At Penn Public Safety, our mission is to enhance the quality of life, safety and security of our community. We strive each and every day to earn the trust, confidence and respect of our community. This website provides an overview of some of the many services we offer to those living, working and visiting Penn's campus. https://www.publicsafety.upenn.edu/
This is a full-time Dispatcher and Call Taker position working in a 911/511 Communications Center on assigned shifts. The high priority nature of this position requires Dispatchers to work various shifts to maintain PennComm operations on a 24 hour, seven (7) day basis. Shifts (day, evenings and nights) to include Saturdays, Sundays and holidays as part of the normal everyday operations of PennComm. A position in this class operates multi-line telephone console system and radio equipment to accurately send and receive messages. Must be able to accurately enter information into a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System and assign and dispatch all requests for Police, Fire, Emergency Medical, Security Services, or other services. Responsible for monitoring all access security systems, fire alarm systems, notification systems and Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) monitoring equipment. Providing appropriate responses to information received and observed. Dispatch and coordinate the responses of public safety agencies. Must be able to ask questions to interpret, analyze the caller's situation as to resolve problems, provide information, dispatch emergency services, or refer the callers to other agencies. The ability to think quickly and work under stressful situations. The position requires notification of serious incidents and pertinent information to various agencies located throughout the University of Pennsylvania as well as to outside local municipal, State and Federal agencies. Employees hired for this sensitive position must successfully complete a 40-hour APCO Telecommunications Course; approved CPR certification course and other required certifications/training within their probationary period of six months. This position reports directly to a Dispatch Supervisor and is considered essential personnel. The Division of Public Safety values diversity and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds.
Minority candidates are encouraged to apply
- A High School Diploma or GED is required and at least 1 year of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read and write the English language, be proficient with computer applications, have the ability to key accurate information in a timely manner and handle multiple tasks at one time, possess good communication and listening skills, ability to work shift work and holidays, mandated overtime when required, and remain calm during stressful situations.
- Must sign a confidentiality statement.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EOE. Minorities / Women / Individuals with disabilities / Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The University of Pennsylvania is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national or ethnic origin,
citizenship status, age, disability , veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For further consideration, please upload the following documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting: Resume and Cover Letter
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Division of Public Safety
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Public-Safety/Penncom-Telecommunicator-Dispatcher_JR00009746
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency