Instructor of Theatre and Communication
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college associated with the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time, Instructor or Assistant Professor of Theatre and Communication to begin August 2021. Working under the guidance of a Director of Theatre:
The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of theatre arts and design and teach freshman and sophomore level courses such as, but not limited to, Theatre Appreciation, Acting, Play Analysis, Stage Craft, Stage Management, and Oral Communication. Online instruction via Canvas platform will be required.
The individual hired will:
• Have a working knowledge of Theatre Management and maintain all operational aspects of the Owen Center Theatre to include lighting and sound.
• Teach Face to Face, Hybrid, Zoom, and Online course offerings.
• Teach at our satellite locations as needed.
• Maintain a roster of advisees across many Arts & Humanities disciplines.
• Assist with curriculum development and review.
• Participate in course and program assessment and committee service.
• Engage in student recruitment and retention initiatives to maintain a minimum program enrollment of 25 theatre majors on an annual basis.
• Serve on institutional committees.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching, community engagement and professional development.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in Theatre, Acting, Theatre Design or closely related field. One to three years teaching experience and/or professional theatre experience. Solid background in technical theatre desirable.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: Three to five years teaching and/or professional Theatre experience. Solid background in technical theatre desirable.