Rhodes College invites applications for the position of Registrar.Position Responsibilities: In addition to maintaining the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of all student academic records, the Registrar oversees student registration, course and classroom scheduling, transfer and study abroad credit evaluation, grade processing and reporting, and compliance with state and federal academic regulations, including FERPA. The Registrar also edits the College Catalogue and upholds the academic policies of the College. In all of these respects, the Registrar works closely with faculty, especially academic department and program chairs. The Registrar manages the Registrar's Office, a unit of the Division of Academic Affairs, which includes an Associate Registrar and an Administrative Assistant. The office collaborates with other constituencies and offices on campus, particularly Rhodes Express, Data Services, Information Services, and the Student Success Team within the Division of Student Life. The Registrar reports to the Associate Provost and advises the Office of Academic Affairs on enrollment trends, projected course needs, and course schedules. In addition, the Registrar serves an ex-officio member of several standing committees relating to curriculum, academic standards, academic advising, and enrollment. Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Master's Degree is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in higher education related to academic affairs or student records is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Experience with integrated information systems and the ability to learn new systems. Experience with Workday, Ellucian Banner, and Degree Works is preferred.
- Proven abilities in administration and interpretation of academic policies and processes.