Space Data Analyst
Space Data Analyst🔍School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States📁Information Analytics📅Mar 29, 2021 Post Date📅88950 Requisition #The mission of the Office of Facilities Planning and Management (OFPM) in the School of Medicine is to plan for and manage the facilities needs of the School of Medicine community in the areas of facilities operations, capital planning and budgeting, projects from programming through occupancy.In the pursuit of this mission, the department is seeking a Space Data Analyst who can oversee and manage space data accuracy and reporting for the School of Medicine (SoM). This is a key role that will design and implement reporting to meet SoM space data needs using Archibus, Tableau, and other software. This position will also lead the process improvement initiatives related to space data and reporting for the school. The position will be primarily remote, with work onsite at Stanford Historic campus and Stanford Research Park expected for approximately 20% of the time. Duties include:
- Work under consultative or self-initiated direction to assess and produce relevant, standard, or custom information (reports, charts, graphs and tables) from structured data sources by querying data repositories and generating the associated information. Distribute and disseminate reports to applicable agencies, researchers, management and other internal end-users.Develop and implement a consistent and continuous process across the School of Medicine to input and maintain accurate and complete space data in our Stanford University (SU) space data systems. Develop and collect data for space metrics and Key Performance Indicators for the monthly Tableau dashboard. Analyze data for key trends and insightsLead the implementation of data standards and common data elements for data collection.Collaborate with technical staff to standardize and systemize routine reports, dashboards, and metrics.Perform system and user testing for new reporting releases and upgrades.Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions. Identify and implement ways the space database can be utilized to improve space information accuracy and reporting.
- Able to develop insightful business intelligence reports (KPIs, metrics, ad hoc queries) and/or dashboards. Examine data problem areas, find process redundancies, and automate or standardize the data collection process.Experience in space database management, eg, Archibus.
- Experience in Excel Visual Basic, PLSQL, Oracle database, OBIEE, Tableau a must.
- Experience in Python is preferred.
- Have a broad understanding of system integration, database structures, and table field mappings.
- Previous Stanford experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using and applying analytical software, database management system software, database reporting software, database user interface and query software, and data mining software.Expert ability to collect data using a variety of methods, such as data mining and hardcopy or electronic documentation study, to improve or expand databases.Basic statistical ability.Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and rigorous attention to detail.Ability to use logic to calculate data; efficiently construct a database or scrutinize the form of a question.Ability to work with data of varying levels of quality and validity.Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements.Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external customers.Ability to take a leadership role on projects and with users/clients.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4745
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 88950