Communications Coordinator🔍Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), Redwood City, California, United States📁Marketing📅Mar 29, 2021 Post Date📅88947 Requisition #This is a one (1) year fixed term position. Stanford UniversityConsider all the lives saved over the many years as a result of Stanford’s innovation in the medical field. Imagine a world without the internet and social platforms. Did you know Stanford pioneered the procedure for organ transplants and also created the first website in the United States? All of these advances and more, are a direct result of Stanford University’s prominent faculty, researchers and alumni, who have revolutionized the way we live and enriched the world. Supporting this mission is Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff, who come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. Financial Management ServicesFinancial Management Services (FMS) is part of the Stanford University Business Affairs organization, whose vision is “to work together to make administration seamless and efficient to enable and support teaching, learning and research.” Specifically, this position will reside within the FMS Marketing and Communications team, a part of the Organizational Effectiveness department. About the RoleAs a part of the Marketing and Communications team within Organizational Effectiveness, this role supports the development and implementation of communication and marketing initiatives that enable programs, services, events and/or products to meet business objectives. This role will support the marketing and communication specialists and web manager by executing on marketing and communication plans, coordinating updates to internal and external web assets, as well as supporting operational, strategic and ad hoc projects. This includes drafting of communications to a variety of audiences, helping to manage internal and external audiences segments and groups, monitoring and responding to general communications inquiries and creating marketing and communication assets (such as imagery, presentations and/or resources). Aside from a strong growth mindset and a collaborative and service-oriented attitude, the successful candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills, knowledge of communication and marketing principles and best practices and demonstrated experience with standard tools such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Google collaboration tools. Basic knowledge of HTML, Drupal, and email marketing software is a plus. CORE DUTIES:
- Support communication plans for strategic initiatives and operational programs and services under supervision of communications specialist or department manager.
- Draft, edit, and schedule select marketing communications for a variety of channels (i.e., web, print, email, online).
- Monitor, track and report marketing program effectiveness.
- Review and report post-event/program/campaign data.
- Assist in quality control of data and marketing materials.
- Support the planning and execution of events.
- Support the creation and launch of tools and processes to improve marketing and communication efforts.
- Contribute to vendor selection, arrangements, and scheduling.
- Coordinate vendor estimates and invoice processing.
- Coordinate updates to and creation of web content and pages.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and creative.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4952
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G
- Department URL: http://genetics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 88947