Academic Affairs Specialist
Academic Affairs Specialist🔍School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United StatesNew📁Administration📅10 hours ago Post Date📅88957 Requisition #The Department of Pediatrics is seeking a careerist to assume the role of Academic Affairs Specialist. The Academic Affairs Specialist will work under general supervision of the Associate Director of and must possess and demonstrate a positive outlook on continuous process improvement efforts while maintaining a team-based and customer-focused mindset. It is critical that this position exhibit the abilities to practice sound judgment and decision-making, effective written & oral communication, strong attention to detail, respectful relationship management and the ability to comply with complex policies and procedures. This position must also exhibit a strong desire to continuously learn new and unfamiliar business topics, policies and procedures as they relate to Faculty Affairs – the ability to translate this information into operational successes will be critical. The Department of Pediatrics Academic Affairs team regularly engages in conversations, ideas and initiatives to help benefit those that we serve – the Faculty Affairs Specialist must be able to understand, develop and practice a servant leadership philosophy.If you believe that this opportunity is a match for your knowledge, skills and abilities, we encourage you to apply – resume and cover letter are required. Thank you for considering employment opportunities with the Department of Pediatrics.Duties include:
- Provide guidance to Division Chiefs and Managers on all faculty actions. This includes interpreting policies, launching faculty actions, compiling faculty files, data reporting/tracking etc. This position also works closely with the Department Chair and Associate Chair for Faculty Affairs. Manage review and promotion, processes. Prepare and edit documents and forms for faculty review including recommendations. Identify problematic information in letters and advise on how to resolve the problem. May provide first level approval for appointments and reappointments.
- Serve as Departmental expert on various Faculty lines (Clinician/Educator, Medical Center Line, University Tenure Line, Instructor, Adjunct Faculty and Visiting Scholars/Visiting Faculty).
- Critical review of CV’s and advise Faculty to ensure compliance with Departmental guidelines.
- Draft transmittal memos and advise Division Chiefs on drafting counseling memos and addressing concerns.
- Attend Appointments and Promotions Committee Meetings and provide guidance as needed.
- Work with the Dean’s Office of Academic Affairs to submit Faculty files in a timely manner and address revision requests Review offer letters and other financial documents prior to submission. Serve as primary point of contact, as needed, in orienting new faculty to the department, school, and university. Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.Ability to track, monitor and adhere to deadlines.Ability to learn university systems.Experience working with databases and Microsoft Office suite.Excellent communication skills.Demonstrated ability to act with tact and maintain confidentiality.Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.Demonstrated ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety, shown through communication of safety concerns and use and promotion of safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, frequently sitting, stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat; reach/work above shoulders; grasp forcefully; use a telephone.Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, kneel/crawl, twist/bend/stoop/squat, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4172
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 88957