Member Services Coordinator (Educational Program Coordinator)
Search #: 495157
Work type: Full-time
Location: Hartford Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
For over 20 years, the Connecticut Education Network (CEN), Connecticut's Trusted Internet Partner, has served every state community with premium Internet access and network services providing unmatched levels of service, quality, and performance to schools, colleges and universities, libraries, municipal and state government, healthcare, and business organizations. With consistent business growth, CEN seeks additional team members in 2021 to bolster its plans for increased product development, member engagement and support programs.
Join CEN to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to service. Imagine loving what you do, how and where you do it, and providing unprecedented value to Connecticut communities and citizens.
CEN's Member Services team has broad responsibility for vital areas of the CEN operation. Primarily in service to CEN's 600+ members (customers), the Member Services team is accountable for:
- Member service requests
- New member development, sales, and on-boarding
- Marketing, communications, and publicity
- Member engagement events and coordination with member advisory councils
- CRM system development
- Project management
Under the direction of the Member Services Manager, the Member Services Program Coordinator will assist in the planning and execution of projects that provide support and services to member organizations and projects that develop CEN's operational processes. The successful candidate will bring at least four years of experience in a customer service and/or sales role having demonstrated abilities to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, technology-based environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities and essential duties of the Member Services Program Coordinator fall into two broad categories:
CEN Member Support
- Responds to member questions and requests related to CEN's portfolio of services and operational policies
- Initiates and ensures completion of member service tickets
- Utilizes team processes to update and maintain required documents and databases
- Prepares estimates and quotes for CEN services to meet member needs
- Coordinates and manages projects in collaboration with member representatives and CEN team members to evaluate options, issues, risks and to facilitate decision making
- Assists in the planning, coordination, and execution of events including annual CEN Member Conference, town halls, trainings, and advisory council meetings
- Compiles data and prepares reports to aid in the evaluation of CEN operations
- Assists in the preparation of strategies and plans to achieve member and member services growth
- Performs related work as required
CEN Operational Processes Support
- Engages with technical and business operations team members in seeking ways to improve business processes and efficiencies
- Coordinates projects to improve the utilization of CEN's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and other systems
- Assists in design, documentation, and maintenance of operational and system processes
- Ensures the project requirements of technical, business operations, and support services teams are addressed
- Performs related work as required
Related Skills and Competencies:
Communication: Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to digest, analyze, organize, and present topics of a technical nature.
Interpersonal: Establishes and develops strong, productive relationships with co-workers and customers.
Project Management: Demonstrates ability to identify, organize, and execute projects with impact to organizational goals. Analyzes information, makes accurate assessments, and coordinates activities across multiple functional groups.
Problem Solving: Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated. Once decisions are made, is able to follow and direct action to implement intended results. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.
Team Orientation: Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above self.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least four years of related experience in a customer service and/or sales role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects across multiple functional groups
- Ability to prioritize and follow through to task completion
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Demonstrated understanding of cyber infrastructure including network-based services
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce
- Project management training and/or certifications
- Demonstrated experience with Trello, MS Planner, or equivalent tool for project management
- Working knowledge of the FCC USAC E-Rate program and requirements
This is a full time, annually renewable (end-dated) position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary for this position is in the high $50's. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay/. For additional information about the University visit: http://www.uconn.edu/ and for detailed position information and the job description visit: http://uitsjobs.uconn.edu.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495157 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on April 12, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Mar 29 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 12 2021 Eastern Daylight Time