Program Manager (Educational Program Manager 1), Professional Education, School of Engineering
Search #: 495134
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
Under the administrative review of the School of Engineering, this is a key position for the School that requires management, oversight of budget, and communication with a broad range of people including executives in industry, and multiple units throughout the university for the graduate level Professional Education program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as manager in promoting and fostering Professional Education (PE) Program relations, with the business community and the professional engineering workforce, as well as oversee the planning and implementation for the entire program in accordance with goals and objectives, which will include oversight of all staff and budgetary responsibilities.
- Prepare all necessary reports, resolve problems and make adjustments to accommodate changing priorities and needs related to the Professional Education program.
- Responsible for promotional activities for Professional Education, which will include but not be limited to oversight and/or execution of informational sessions, webinars, events and in-person company visits.
- Responsible for preparation of Professional Education proposals involving multiple faculty, departments and/or other universities.
- Actively secure funding support/customers from industry for Professional Education Programs.
- Conduct regular evaluation and assessment of the effectiveness of programs in meeting Professional Education goals, along with the needs of the business community, and identify areas of need for improvement or change.
- Collaborate regularly with department heads and faculty to develop PE programs relevant to their departmental needs, to meet specific training needs of businesses, and develop and maintain a student body of sufficient size to ensure continuation and growth of the Professional Education Program.
- Participate in conferences and meetings to promote growth and visibility for the School of Engineering Professional Education Programs.
- Develop budget recommendations for the program budget, make decisions regarding appropriateness of expenditures and prepare budget reports and projections.
- Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, assigning work, and meeting completion dates.
- Serve as a resource to faculty, staff and students on all matters relating to the Professional Education Program.
- Supervise all Professional Education Program activities pertaining to personnel matters in compliance with University policy for faculty, staff and students.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Six to seven years of related experience. Two years of experience must be serving as an advanced/senior team member or working as a project lead
- Demonstrated ability to interact with corporate and community constituency to be served by the programs.
- Ability to critically plan, create, and grow programs.
- Demonstrated organizational ability to work with students, staff, faculty, and industry.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with various university units.
- Five years of higher education work experience.
- Demonstrated client relation management.
- Understanding of various types of continuing education programs.
This is a 12-month, full-time position with full benefits and an expected start date of May 21, 2021. Salary is expected to be in the $75,000-$80,000 range, commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495134 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on April 26, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Mar 29 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 26 2021 Eastern Daylight Time