Part-Time Faculty Middle Grades, Secondary, and Science Education
Job Title: Part-Time Faculty Middle Grades, Secondary, and Science Education
Location: UNG - Multi Campus
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225394
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia’s Middle Grades, Secondary, and Science Education Department is seeking applications for a part-time faculty member. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.Responsibilities
- Responsible for teaching in the Master of Arts in Teaching and the Post Baccalaureate Initial Teacher Certification Programs.
- Successful applicants should be able to teach graduate courses and foster preservice teachers’ confidence and efficacy in teaching in a middle grades and secondary education setting. Interested candidates should be available for daytime teaching.
- Doctorate degree in a closely related field required.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.