Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing - Digital Marketing
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing - Digital Marketing
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225385
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The Department of Management and Marketing in the Mike Cottrell College of Business at the University of North Georgia (UNG) invites applicants for the position of full-time, tenure-track faculty in Marketing beginning fall 2022. The successful candidate will be expected to teach principles of marketing and digital marketing/analytics courses on multiple campusesResponsibilities
- Use innovative teaching and learning techniques to provide high quality undergraduate marketing courses such as principles and digital marketing/analytics;
- Produce peer-reviewed theoretical, applied, or pedagogical research related to the teaching discipline of marketing / digital marketing; Engage with the business community to further the goals of the Mike Cottrell College of Business (ex. connecting students to potential employers for internships/jobs); and,Participate as an active and contributing member to provide service to the department, College and University.
- A PhD or DBA in marketing with a primary focus on digital marketing, preferably from an AACSB-accredited institution, is required at time of hire.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a record of excellent teaching and scholarship accomplishments in the area of marketing/digital marketing.
- Also a commitment to business education is required.
- Digital industry experience or consulting in the space is a plus.
- Certifications in the area of digital marketing analytics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of teaching and learning practices; knowledge of theoretical, pedagogical and applied concepts in the area of marketing/digital marketing.
- Innovative pedagogy, qualitative and quantitative research and writing skills, etc.
- Ability to integrate best practices from industry.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Ppassion for working with students to develop their skills and expertise.
Required Documents to Attach
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.